On Feb 1 Adam sent the following update:
1) Hi and a Warm Welcome to the ~20 new people who signed up for OLPC-HAITI yesterday and today! Get oriented around our volunteer community’s intense hour-by-hour progress/planning happening “live” here: http://newhaitiproject.ning.com/group/onelaptopperchildwaveplaceproject
(Creole fluency is *not* required, , all welcome to register and then help!)
2) Hans: might a draft/scan of your Creole XO coloring book be possible tomorrow?
3) I just uploaded Educa Vision, Inc’s 164 book(lets) catalog of Creole materials they’ve offered Geradline/us (listeducaforzephirin.xls) to the BOOKS WE WANT section here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Haitian_Creole_Translation_for_Education
4) Congrats to Carmina whose http://RaiseUpHaiti.com blog now appears on the official OLPC community blog aggregator: http://planet.laptop.org Even if her Speaking-From-The-Haitian-Heart title (LAPTOPS?!?) was accidentally chopped by our server’s “planet” software 😉
5) Please all keep our Garden Growing here (click EDIT just below) supporting those doing the much harder work translating thru the night!! http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Haitian_Creole_Translation_for_Education
Haiti’s Educ Infrastructure is now on the front pages:
Snapshot video from DC’s Crisis Camp(s): http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ETop7DP0_Y
BBC/CNN/NPR/etc coverage explaining Crisis Commons for Tabitha & all: http://crisiscommons.org/news
15+ cities currently involved in the US, UK and Canada: http://wiki.crisiscommons.org#CrisisCamps
Maps created by volunteers already used on the ground in Haiti:
Interested in the next step?
Say hello on Live Chat at http://webchat.freenode.net in channel: #haitiboston